Wednesday 2 May 2012

Ennui

                                                 I used an abstracted image from one of my erosion
                                                 drawings as my inspiration for this acrylic
                                                 painting.                
                                                 I am interested in the work of Zebedee Jones,
                                                 particularly his use of thick paint, and was interested
                                                 to explore if I could capture the strength and fragility
                                                 of nature more successfully using this approach.
                                                 Overall ,whilst I think there is turmoil showing in parts
                                                 of this image,particularly where I have applied the
                                                 paint freely,I believe there is an overall feeling of
                                                control .                                                                                                                                
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment