Wednesday 16 November 2011

Forever 11

Viewing some of the videos of Douglas Gordon inspired me to use video as a medium to show passage of time.
In this video I have used footage I took of the movement of the sea ,to depict time, and overlayed it on a still image of a crisp packet which had been left on the beach and to a certain degree was embedded into the sand.  I have faded in the crisp packet at the start of the video and faded it out at the end  and I believe that this adds to the impression of the passage of time. The image of the crisp packet is aesthetically pleasing and the movement of the tide is  relaxing, there is however an underlying message ,how long will it take the crisp packet to degrade. 
I decided to use the recorded  natural sound of the sea and the wind as the background "music" for the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment